Sunday, February 26, 2012

Juice Pouch Pumpkin

A combination of magazines featuring Autumn projects and the fall air have put me in the mood for crafting. Today I decided to make some fall decorations out of .... you guessed it....Juice Pouches!

Searching through my endless supply of juice pouches I found some orangey gold ones that I thought would make a cute little pumpkin.

I started by making two sheets of juice pouches in the same manner and size as the Juice Pouch Place Mats. Instead of putting ribbon around the edges I sewed them together back to back and punched holes evenly along both the top and the bottom edge.


Next I threaded ribbon through all of the holes at the bottom and pulled it tight gathering the bottom of the juice pouches together. It made kind of round bowl.

Once the bottom was tied and secure it was time to stuff it. This is where all of those plastic grocery bags you got when you forgot your eco-friendly reusable bags at home come in handy. I stuffed some of those plastic bags that I despise into the bowl as tight as I could and threaded more ribbon through the holes at the top.



Two green juice pouches sewed together serve as a stem. I put the stem in the opening and pulled the ribbon and the juice pouches tightly closed. Tied the ribbon off with a bow and there ya go.... Fall has a new recycled look and darn cute if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say. Thank you for leaving your comments.