Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm Thankfull For...

This year has been a really stressful year and I am glad that Thanksgiving has rolled around so that I can shrug off my discontent and be thankful.
For the past year my husband and I have been trying to sell or condo, get approved for a new loan and by a house to no avail. Discouraged would be an understatement but in all of this I keep reminding myself that I have so much to be thankful for.

Even though we hate our condo with a burning passion I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and that by some miracle we are able to pay our bills. Everyone is going through hard times and thankfully even though my family has been hit we have not been knocked out. I am thankful that my husband still has a job and that we are all healthy.
I am thankful for my family. We have two growing boys who bring us joy everyday. We also have parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters that provide us with support and love. This Thanksgiving we are assembling at my parents house and I can't wait to be there. When I am with my family all of my troubles seem to disappear.
Part of our Thanksgiving this year will be spent at the hospital. Just this last week my husbands Grandfather had a seizure. Both of our grandparents' health is becoming very fragile and we fear the day when we get the phone but I am thankful that we will have one more thanksgiving with them and that my children will be able to remember them.
Of all the things I am thankful for, the thing I am most thankful for is knowing that God will always provide for me and my family. I am thankful that he provided for my salvation by sending His Son to die on the cross for my sins. I am thankful that He holds the whole world in His hands and that nothing and no one is greater than Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say. Thank you for leaving your comments.