Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eco-Napkins by Stacey

I love selling my juice pouch items on the internet through Etsy.com. I have met a lot of really great people who make a lot of really nice things. One of the most recent things that I have discovered is Eco-Napkins by Stacy. Stacy promotes the use of her handmade 100% cotton reusable napkins as an alternative to using paper napkins saving trash from being thrown away. Anything that is a practical and functional way to keep things from being thrown out is right up my alley.
We all have a set of cloth napkins tucked away in a drawer somewhere. They come out on special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner but we should really consider using cloth napkins on a daily basis to wipe dirty hands and mouths and to clean up little messes. Instead of using a paper napkin once, you can use a cloth napkin over and over again rinsing it out and washing them as many times as needed. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to clean off sticky little hands with a wet paper napkin only to have it fall apart in my hands and make a bigger mess than I started out with.
Stacy's Eco-Napkins are perfect for everyday use. After I washed the napkin for the first time I was surprised how well the bright colors held up and didn't fade. I also expected it to come out of the dryer all wrinkled and that I would have to iron them but none of the edges curled under and it came out relatively wrinkle free.
I was so inspired by her hundreds of patterned napkins that I decided that her funky eco-friendly creations needed a napkin ring that was just as fun and eco-friendly so of course I took the liberty of making some out of recycled plastic juice pouches.
I started by cutting the juice pouches in half lengthwise and sewing them into strips. One strip I tied into a knot around another strip for a little decorative touch. Then to make the ring I used a metal eyelet to hold the two ends of the strips together. An Eco-Napkin By Stacy with a juice pouch napkin ring was the perfect finishing touch to my juice pouch place setting and perfect for any special summer occasion.
For every day use I made a juice pouch basket to store those napkins in a convenient place right within reach. I wove strips of juice pouches together to make a square basket. The process took a lot more juice pouches than I thought it would and a lot longer to make. I don't think that I will be making another one any time soon. At least not until I come up with a more efficient way to make it.
To get your own Eco-Napkins you can visit Stacy's Etsy shop or visit her website at www.eco-napkins.com. They really make life a little easier and a little cleaner. The hardest part is having to chose from all of her wonderful designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say. Thank you for leaving your comments.